Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The next step, trying to make it work for the rest of your network.
    You do not need to change any settings. Just move the Untangle up one level on your network.
    Example: Let say your network looks like this:
    WAN-Router-Switch-Untangle
    One level up would be
    WAN-Router-Untangle-Switch
    meaning plug the external interface to the router side, and the internal interface to the switch. Since it is in the bridge mode, you should be ok with the IP address and configuration. Big thing is to make sure to check that your interfaces are not flipped.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

As per gotkimchi intitial instructions this is what I had that worked for a single PC connected to the UT Server.

(T1 connection)==>(NetGear Switch)==>(Firewall)==>(Main Network Switch DC/DHCP)==>(Switch)==>(UT Server)==>Test Laptop.

This Morning I connected like this.

(T1 connection)==>(UT Server)==>(Main Network Switch DC/DHCP)==>(Switch)
    and it didnt work. I tried giving the UT Server a static address and that didnt work either.

I think I see your problem.
    (T1 connection)==>(NetGear Switch)==>(Firewall)==>(Main Network Switch DC/DHCP)==>(Switch)==>(UT Server)==>Test Laptop.
    Most likely the Firewall is doing your routing and NATing.

If the Untangle is in the bridge mode, who is doing the routing and NATing?

What is your goal, replacing the firewall with Untangle, or leave everything alone and just add the Untangle to the mix?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by gotkimchi View Post
    What is your goal, replacing the firewall with Untangle, or leave everything alone and just add the Untangle to the mix?
    I want to leave everything alone and add Untangle into the mix, to make the internet connection more secure and at the same time be able to give management a report. Right now I have no control over our internet connection and its wide open. The Firewall and Main Switch is managed out of our U.S. office. So if there are any changes that need to be made, I can make arrangements with them. I was hoping to get it up and running without their intervention.

Try this and post results:
    (T1 connection)==>(NetGear Switch)==>(Firewall)==>Untangle (bridge mode)==>(Main Network Switch DC/DHCP)==>(Switch)

Meaning, put the Untangle in between the firewall and the network switch. If that doesn't work, provide a network diagram with some IP address info and we should be able to solve your issue.

Untangle Ninja

(T1 connection)==>(NetGear Switch)==>(Firewall)==>(Main Network Switch DC/DHCP)==>(UT bridge mode here)==>(Switch)==>(Clients).

Perhaps, if you're not using vlans, this would work for you as a simple drop in.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Analog-X64 View Post
    The Firewall and Main Switch is managed out of our U.S. office. So if there are any changes that need to be made, I can make arrangements with them. I was hoping to get it up and running without their intervention.
    Mr. Kimchi beat me by a few minutes, but the above is the reason for my layout suggestion.

But, if the above quote is true, then how did you do this?

This Morning I connected like this.

and it didnt work. I tried giving the UT Server a static address and that didnt work either.

Yes, try fasttech's suggestion. Most likely, the main switch is layer 3 and does some vlans and routing also.

Untangle Ninja

Hopefully all his local clients are on one subnet.

Untangler

I will try this first thing tomorrow morning and let you guys know.

And yes all my users are on the same subnet.

Saturday night I will be coming in to do some unrelated work and our Network engineer out of the U.S. office will be available.

If I cant get it working tomorrow morning, at least I will have enough information that I can slip in there to get him to help me.

Thanks for all the help it is appreciated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast