Unhappy Wireless not working

Here is my configuration:
    Internet-->Linksys cable modem-->UT-->D-Link gigabit switch-->Belkin wireless router (used as an access point only).
    I gave the access point an IP address via the UT DHCP entry. My laptop uses Ultimate Edition 2.7 (a glorified Ubuntu Edition with everything in it). The laptop detects an excellent signal from the access point but does not connect. I also have a desktop computer made by HP (it uses Windows 7 Professional) and has a wireless card installed (D-Link DWL-G520). Windows detects the signal excellently but does not connect. Can anyone help with this slight problem? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by utm75 View Post
    I gave the access point an IP address via the UT DHCP entry.
    are you using the WAN port on the wifi access point?

For diagnoses pourposes connect wired one host to the belkin.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

No, I am not using the WAN port on the Belkin wireless router. However, what I have done is moved the Ethernet wire from the WAN port on the ap to one of the ports on the ap since the WAN does not work anymore. I connected the HP desktop computer to one of the ports on the ap and the computer does access the internet without any problems. The problems lies when I remove the wired cable from the desktop. Here lies the problem of why it does not access the internet wirelessly.

If wired the desktop work and wireless not, is some wrong in te configuration of the belkin.
    Untangle has nothing to do there.

Could you please be more specific about the Belkin wireless router? What do I need to change? Thanks to all of you for your help.

I dont know what you need to change, this is untangle forums, not belkin forums.
    Can be misconfigured or broken or need to re flashing.

Master Untangler

Forgive me, but someone asked if you were using the WAN port and you said:

"No, I am not using the WAN port on the Belkin wireless router. However, what I have done is moved the Ethernet wire from the WAN port on the ap to one of the ports on the ap since the WAN does not work anymore."

So, you were using it, but not anymore? Never were?

Need to patch into a LAN port on your AP, then turn of the dchp server and dns forwarding.

Is there a password?
    Maybe you need to change the work mode of the ap.
    Not just forward.

Hi everyone. I wanted to apologize to all of you for your help. My problem was not the AP configuration nor the untangle server. The problem was within the Ultimate Edition network GUI configuration. I had to make a change in the DHCP. After much research on the internet, I had to load a module to start all the time when the computer starts. and lo and behold, the wireless came alive like a bat out of hell! I was sweating like a pig all this time. I feel very bad that I wasted all of your time. Please forgive me. I know better next time. I had to use a command such as iwspy to see if my laptop Atheros card was connected. Then I had to use "sudo ifconfig wlan0 up" command. I never thought using those commands above but they were useful and now the the wireless is working great. I wanted to share this information with you all. Thank you again for your help.