Untanglit

Default updates.untangle.com down?

Hi.

So I finally purchased a brand-new box to finally install Untangle on. After only one glitch (UT found add-on NIC but didn't recognize onboard NIC, had to purchase another add-on), I got it running very quickly and painlessly. Kudos, UT developers, kudos, kudos, kudos! This software seems very great.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do anything with UT yet, because I can't add any applications, because no applications show up in the Library. Everything seems to be working fine, DNS and Internet access are fine, etc., etc. I can ping any site from the UT box... any site except updates.untangle.com. I'm assuming this is what's causing the problem.

I can't ping updates.untangle.com from any other box on my LAN, either. I can't ping it from a friend's box, either, a box that runs on a different ISP than mine.

Is "updates" down today? Is that it? If that's it, then I'll just wait until it comes back up and be happy. But if that's not it, then I need help...

BTW, can one check on the untangle web pages for updates.untangle.com downtimes, so that one can know when the problem is one's and not UT's?

Thanks again, UT people, for this great software package. I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

-tw.

back up now
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

not really necessary, since I haven't been able to configure anything yet...

Untanglit

back up now... thanks, UT people! for the future, it'd be helpful if one could go to the UT website and know if updates.untangle.com is down momentarily.