Default Networking issues

Hello everyone
    I'm new to untangle and this forum as well and know nothing about computer network

I've recently downloaded the Untangle Lite Package
    Here are the descriptions of my network infrastructure

+ 1 ADSL Modem Router+ firewall (ADSL2+ Modem Router+ Firewall+Nat and DHCP)

+ 3 laptops with Windows 7 and XP+ Macbook Air
    All these laptops connect to my ADSL2+ Router and get their IP addresses via DHCP

On one if my laptop I installed Untangle using Virtualbox

On the Virtualbox I have declared 2 virtual network cards (1 for internal use and the other for external use )

Now what to do to deploy without touching to my network and from there I can control my entire network with Untangle

Thank you

Unless that laptop of yours has two network cards in it, and one of them not wireless, this isn't going to fly. Even if you do put a second network interface on the laptop, configuring it properly will be a mess, tuning will be next to impossible, and performance is likely to be terrible.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Unless that laptop of yours has two network cards in it, and one of them not wireless, this isn't going to fly. Even if you do put a second network interface on the laptop, configuring it properly will be a mess, tuning will be next to impossible, and performance is likely to be terrible.
    I second that, in my experience, between running Untangle on a dedicated server and running on Virtualbox there is just a huge difference, the performance is much better when it's used as a dedicated server, you might get away with it if there is not much load. You're lucky if your laptop doesn't blow up