Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opened Ports

Untangler

Default Opened Ports

Guys
    Something is definitely wrong here. I reinstalled again. Things were fine. Switched to advanced mode, reran shields up and same bad result. I'm lost.

Advanced mode is nothing more than a GUI adjustment. It doesn't change any configuration details. Every Untangle server I install is in advanced mode.

I have no clue why that would be changing the results of a port scan. Unless you have a bad disk?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

You know your first link points back to this page of this thread right?
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

April Fools! No really, I meant this one:

http://forums.untangle.com/feedback/...-untangle.html
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangler

Default Opened Ports

Well, my new server with a new install is working as planned now so I will keep the old one in the closet for a while
    Oh well, these things happen.

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12