Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default Internal connectivity issue

Hello,

First let me say that i am extremely excited about your wonderful product. Its a good feeling knowing its in front of my network.

However I am having a strange issue. We have 3 time clocks that are ethernet based clocks. When I implemented Untangle in front of our network between the router and the main switch, the clocks would no longer communicate with the server. I thought at first it was a clock issue or a problem with the server as I was getting an "Invalid socked" error message from the software.

I noticed that the clocks stopped communicating with the server at the very moment I put Untange in place. I removed Untange and reconnected the router directly to the switch and the clocks started working again.

Any ideas on how or why this could happen and what can I do to correct the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Question re: Internal connectivity issue

Do your ethernet based clocks used port 123 for communications?

do clocks communicate internally or they access remote host via internet?

You might wanna check firewall rules. Also, if you have attack blocker installed, i would put clocks ip's on exclusion list.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by richie View Post
    do clocks communicate internally or they access remote host via internet?

You might wanna check firewall rules. Also, if you have attack blocker installed, i would put clocks ip's on exclusion list.
    Thanks for your reply. The clocks communicate directly with the server.

When I do a tracert on the IP address of each clock from my pc it goes directly to the clock.

I will plug Untangle back in a run some more tests and let you know what I find...

Untangler

update...

I finially had a moment to test untangle again this morning and here are the results...

I added the clocks ip addresses to the exception list on the attack blocker module and it didnt make a difference.

I even went so far as to turn off every module we had installed and the clocks still would not communicate.

Also,

I am having a redirect issue:

when I go to www.dollarsonthenet.net it should redirect to server10.dollarsonthenet.net Instead it tells me the webpage is unavailable... No untangle message like its getting blocked...

If I turn off ID Theft Blocker, Spyware Blocker, and Web Content Control, it works. If any one of the above modules is activated I cannot get to the web page.

Any idears?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Diver012; 09-26-2007 at 10:14 AM.

can you ping the clocks from the server ? if the clocks and the server are on the same switch, then traffic does not even pass through untangle unless it needs access to internet.

Also, I could not resolve www.dollarsonthenet.net when i did nslookup.

Untangler

thanks for your reply.

I can ping the clocks from the server as well as do a tracert on the IP address and it goes 1 hop directly to the clock.

The main website is called www.shift4.com Theres a ling to a customer logon page.. that page starts off as www.dollarsonthenet.net, and immediatly gets redirected to a site similar to:

https://server8.ect........

Im am downloading the latest version of Untangle to see if any of these issues get resolved....

Ill let you know of my findings after implement the upgrades.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver012 View Post
    update...

I finially had a moment to test untangle again this morning and here are the results...

I added the clocks ip addresses to the exception list on the attack blocker module and it didnt make a difference.

I even went so far as to turn off every module we had installed and the clocks still would not communicate.

Also,

I am having a redirect issue:

when I go to www.dollarsonthenet.net it should redirect to server10.dollarsontehnet.net Instead it tells me the webpage is unavailable... No untangle message like its getting blocked...

If I turn off ID Theft Blocker, Spyware Blocker, and Web Content Control, it works. If any one of the above modules is activated I cannot get to the web page.

Any idears?

Thanks!

Hi -

If two or more of the Applications have the same 'url' in their blocked list, at times I have seen (especially with Ads and IFRAMES of Pages) that the page goes blank. I do have an open bug about this in the database, to make the end result a little more user friendly.

Untangler

Well I downloaded the latest version and reinstalled everything but I am having the exact same result.

3 internal time clocks are not communicating with their internal server.

1 website redirect is not working...

Its back offline atm but I hope I get this figured out....

Untangler

BTW,

any sudgestions would be greatly appreciated.... I have a few ideas I may try in the next couple of days but I would really like to know how Untangle is interfering with internal communications.. especially when its effecting 1 particular piece of hardware.. ( all 3 time clocks are the exact same model and have static IP's) We have other timeclocks functioning with static ip's that are not effected. (Different Models)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast