Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It doesn't seem odd to me at all, I'm simply trying to help you avoid some pitfalls. I'm usually the guy trying to pull crazy stuff like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Ah, excellent. Well looks like the HDD has failed in said server. Time to delay....

Tis the season... I've got a client that lost 4 drives in a 6 drive RAID 5 all at once... there goes 2TB of data. (They decided they didn't want to maintain the harddrive based backup I installed, because they gave me no budget)

Thier Exchange server tried to die this week, turns out it was fine at my office... but not there. A volt meter discovers the AC outlets were only providing 90 of 115 volts... oh, and they didn't replace the UPSs earlier this year when they fried. So now I've got a full rack of under volted servers...

I just powered the entire mess down to install some new UPSs, and it took 10 tries to reboot the Untangle server. It's online, and pushing packets right now... all 4 interfaces are happy, I can VPN, I've got mail moving, I've got web access.

I've also got random pixels flying all over the video in the console, and a completely unresponsive https management interface.

Yeah... fun.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Haha, SBS is sensitive enough even when everythign else is perfect: throw a bad power source in there and you're shooting in the dark...

Oh my situation doesn't involve SBS. It involves a SQL server / DC, Exchange / DC, Terminal server, and SAN. They are all 2k3 64bit standard edition. Exchange is also standard.

The SAN is dead, all data lossed. Exchange is happy now that the power is clean, the SQL server is happier than I've seen it in ages as well. Just Untangle is acting up, so I'm just going to order in an NG-100 for a cold spare so when that thing caves I have something to keep them online while I fix / replace the equipment that is there.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123