Master Untangler

Default External Dynamic no DNS

Hi, I am trying to add a second External to do WAN balancing. I have tried a PCI, USB NIC, and onboard NIC.... and although they are being detected in the interfaces, they will not grab and hold the IP/Gateway/DNS (especially the DNS part) info from my Dynamic modems. They are not PPPoE modems, they are Dynamic with all info pre-configured in the modem. I have rebooted everything, including Untangle, modems, and Renewing Lease...... all with same result. I get correct DHCP info, but no Primary or Secondary DNS Server info.... or only very briefly.

I have tried with all 3 NIC types.... and with 3 different Dynamic modems (we have 3 of them). Only the first external is working correctly.

All 3 modems are working correctly when tested outside of Untangle.

Could it be that all 3 of my NIC cards are not compatible in Untangle? I am all the way up to eth8 now with all the different NIC additions.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Master Untangler

update..... apparently Untangle is very selective in NICs, which was causing the problems. None of the USB, D-Link PCI, or onboard would work..... but I found another Intel Pro PCI card and it works just fine.... go figure, lol.