Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default SSH client for iftop

Hey guys,
    Trying to use iftop to monitor bandwidth.....
    What is a good ssh client for windows, and is the admin/pass the same as what I use to log into the web interface?

Thanks.

i know people who like putty and winscp.
    the login will be root/<whateverYourTerminalPasswordIs>

I use putty for my SSH client on Windows, never had any trouble out of it. The user/pass are different from the webui. The user is root, the password will be whatever you set it to the first time you opened up the terminal on the Untangle box.
    Last edited by dbunyard; 02-21-2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: GAH, too late
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Master Untangler

Thanks guys,
    I have tried both.... not good, lol. Is the default port 22 ? SFTP with SCP fallback?

If the above is good, I am going to have to figure out what the pass is.... as I am getting rejected.

Did you enable SSH access on the UT box?

WinSCP isn't going to work for you, that's a tool to edit files and wander the file system.

Putty (Is there another SSH client for Windows?) is the tool of choice to get a command console running on a Windows station. From there you can use any number of tools like iftop.

If you haven't followed these instructions:

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Enable_SSH

You won't have SSH.

Also, I just noticed that wiki is out of date. You can no longer use the source interface matcher the way the article describes in Untangle 9.2. Please make note that you will need a separate packet filter rule for each WAN interface on Untangle to block TCP 22. If you do not correctly block TCP 22 and you enable SSH, your box WILL get hacked. It isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by raditude View Post
    Did you enable SSH access on the UT box?
    Where do i check for that?

Quote Originally Posted by winscp.net
    While WinSCP does not focus on terminal access, it has basic support for it.
    You can execute remote commands via SSH terminal both manually and automatically.
    If you need unrestricted terminal access (and still want to use WinSCP for file transfers), you will find integration with PuTTY SSH client useful
    fancy - i did not know that. their site said it did SSH so i thought it would be fine without any extra stuff.
    also the wiki is fixed.

On windows I like:

http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier

Free for personal use.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast