Master Untangler

Default prioritize traffic by IP

What would be the best way to prioritize all traffic for a specific IP address? Would it be best to create a separate rack for that IP address, and then just not install any of the bandwidth monitor, etc appliances?

Basically I am the system admin, and want to make sure my own system is prioritized in the network, no matter what I am doing.

Also, is there a difference between simply being exempt from bandwidth controls as per policies, compared with making that user "high priority" in the network.

being exempt from bandwidth control just gives you the default priority.

I would just add a rule at the top of the bandwidth control in the rack thats currently processing your traffic with your IP. That way you don't need to bother with another rack and another set of rules.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thanks for the reply dmorris,

Could you give me an example of a bandwidth control rule that would make a specific IP being high priority for all traffic within an existing rack?

Also, (and perhaps I should start a separate topic) is there a bandwidth control rule to throttle specific sites eg)youtube...... either by rack or by individual IP?

Thanks for the help!

A rule like this would prioritize all sessions from 192.168.1.123 as "very high" for example.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Cool, so it really is as simple as I had hoped!!