Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tivo

Master Untangler

Default tivo

hi guys iv noticed that whenever i try to connect to tivo to update my tivo box it always gets interrupted and i was wondering if anyone has a simular problem or a solution

edit: btw all the ports needed are unblocked

is it not connecting or just not finishing?

try turning off virus blocker and see if it works.
    if that fixes it try turning it back on but enabling download resume.

tivo may use yum to do updates which does partial fetches in old versions...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

keyword "interrupted" so yeah it connects sometimes... but it seems to be strugglin to keep the connection

I am running in bridge mode. I have tivo connection problems when untangle is running. It worked fine prior to untangle install & works fine with untangle functions powered off. Error message on Tivo is "Failed while negotiating". There are no log entries that I can find. This failure occurs with or without download resume running. This failure occurs even with virus scan powered down as long as other functions are still powered on. I noticed it was intermittent with 5.1 but seems to be a hard failure with 5.2. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by boba1954; 05-13-2008 at 11:33 PM. Reason: update: both Tivo series 3 & series 2 fail.

Question

I am experiencing the same problems. I have three boxes and it seems like the problem comes and goes but mostly is present. I have three different models and two of them are affected. I have download resume turned on. Any thoughts?

mdh

Find out the IPs where traffic is coming from and try making packet filters to pass the traffic from the appropriate IP(s).

Master Untangler

I have a TiVo Series 3 that experiences no problems. Since my PS3 is on the same switch (which at least prior versions of Untangle hated) I've moved that switch to the DMZ and neither device has any issues at the moment. Prior to moving the switch to the DMZ my TiVo S3 didn't have any Untangle issues (but I don't recall which version of UT I was running at the time, although it definitely was not 5.2).

Default Tivo problems persist

(dmorris) is it not connecting or just not finishing?

mostly it fails not connecting but sometimes gets started & doesn't finish

(mdh) Find out the IPs where traffic is coming from and try making packet filters to pass the traffic from the appropriate IP(s).

Since I'm in bridge mode, I won't be able to setup packet filters, correct?

(gwar9999) re: no issues

I'm not connected to the DMZ port. I had only occasional issues with 5.1; 5.2 is much worse. My workaround is to manually disable UT about once per week to let my Tivos get their updates
    Last edited by boba1954; 07-11-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Untanglit

If you have xmpp blocked, try unblocking that and see if it works then. My Tivo makes an xmpp connection as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neas15us View Post
    hi guys iv noticed that whenever i try to connect to tivo to update my tivo box it always gets interrupted and i was wondering if anyone has a simular problem or a solution

edit: btw all the ports needed are unblocked

Untanglit

Did this ever work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast