Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paychex

Master Untangler

Default Paychex

I can't for the life of me get this login portal to work behind our untangle box.

https://previewhostingservice.payche...uth/login.aspx

I have created bypass rules for the subnet of this network, I also created a bypass rule for our HR managers PC and still am unable to get it working. It depends on some type of citrix client but unsure on which one.

Its tough to trouble shoot as she is the only one who can login and she can't give us the password.

This works with no issues from machines not sitting behind untangle.

Any ideas or suggestions on the issue is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by AdamB; 10-16-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Untangle Ninja

citrix ICA is on port 1494... have you tried a bypassing traffic both to and from port 1494?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    citrix ICA is on port 1494... have you tried a bypassing traffic both to and from port 1494?
    I created a bypass rule using this port and it seemed to do the trick. Allthough I was only able to create a bypass rule for the destination port as source port is not an option. I appreciate the input!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    I created a bypass rule using this port and it seemed to do the trick. Allthough I was only able to create a bypass rule for the destination port as source port is not an option. I appreciate the input!
    That's because source port doesn't mean what you think it does, and people were forever making bad rules.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

yeah, I'd forgotten that the source port matcher type had been removed. I don't really agree with the logic that led to the removal of it, but it clearly wasn't up to me.

Source port is generally random unless you bind an outgoing TCP session to a specific port. It's rare for everyone to do that.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Right, I do tend to forget that bypassing the outbound traffic of a TCP session using the destination port will bypass the entire session; response traffic coming FROM that port will be bypassed as well. the case where I can think of needing a source port matcher would be for UDP traffic, but I guess that's actually going to be fairly rare.

Master Untangler

This issue is happening again. Nothing has changed with the bypass rule.

Not sure why paychex/citrix is causing so much issues.

Master Untangler

Untangle support was little to no help on this issue thats for sure.

I bypassed all traffic to and from her PC, I bypassed traffic to and from the paychex /16 subnet. Still no luck.

Ended up adding a static route on her PC to go out a separate gateway in our network.

sorry that we did not assist you. didn't we offer several suggestions like turning off the uvm? Yes, there are some incidents of where something breaks with untangle in play. seems like you got a temp work around.
    to be understood, you must first understand. :)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast