Default Untangle as WLAN Gateway with DHCP and internal Gateway with AD Script?

Hello,

we are running untangle as wifi gateway with ad connector and captive portal.

Out Untangle is running on an virtual maschine on vsphere. wan is connected to our normal gateway over internal network and lan is over vlan connected to our accesspoints. This works well.

Now i want to use untangle as gateway for our windows domain withour dhcp (dhcp is running on domain controller) only as gateway with ad script.

Whats the way to go? I cant figure out.

Best regards

Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

sky-knight, thank you.

In this moment in the internal interface of untangle is the untangle dhcp running and 10 APs connected via vlan to the untangle internal nic.

What would you recommend to route the traffic of the domain workstations through untangle.

Add an third interface without untangle dhcp and add this as default gateway to the domain controller dhcp server?
    In this moment the internal network of untangle is isolated to an vlan of aps. the untangle external is connected to our internal lan (working over out normal gateway without filtering and things like this). my idea is connecting untangle direct to our wan uplink (we have more ports and a range of public IPs, untangle will get an dedicated ip) and running one internal interface with dhcp for the aps and one without for out windows domain. is this possible?

Best regards
    Last edited by yazric; 04-22-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Yes to all points. But you'll definitely want Untangle to be directly attached to the Internet before you move your windows domain to it.

I'd also make Internal handle the main network, and DMZ to the public stuff. It's not required, but more self documented that way IMHO.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com