Default external works, internal don't

I changed isp, new hardware. Ran the networking connection and it (untangle) found the new IP addresses, but the computers on the internal port won't connect? Even ping won't get responses. DHCP in the router section is indicating changes and computers on internal side do seem to be getting ip assignments. I'm using v5.03. Even tried re-booting everything.

I'm using the untangle box to write this plea for help.

mdh

Pick one of your internal computers and check the IP and gateway. Compare that to Untangle's settings and make sure they are trying to go out the same way. What kind of internal NIC are you using (make/model)?

Sorry, forgot about this post. I used the mailer cd (5.0.1) and re-installed untangle with that. then it started working. During install it self upgraded to 5.2
    I don't remember what nic cards are in this box. I used to try to keep stuff like that in a cardboard box on the shelf sorted by computer name, but the box has no nic card literature in it. they're either Intel, netgear or D-link 10/100 cards.

Now I have the same issue again! Different network, different machines. The 5.0.1 cd install breaks during package upgrade. Spent about 3 days figuring this out. Trying to get it working on a new emachine w3650, using mbd ecs 945cgt-m3 and 160gb hd and 1gb ram, cpu is 2ghz.

Real fine way to introduce oneself to new customer, is to spend their time on getting something provided by yourstruely that isn't going to work.

Okay, brought the darn box back to the shop, finally got it working here....took it back to the customer and couldn't get it to work. It found the external outside world just fine (using a D-link nic). The internal refused to find anything. Even after spending hours trying to gather mac addresses and typing them in as static addresses, it still refused to behave!

Then after re-installing the software for the umteenth time, 2 systems came up as being there in the DHCP section. One was an XP and the other was a Vista system. While trying to figure out what was special about the one XP system, it disappeared. I tried turning everything on the network and reinstalling the untangle, only the vista machine showed up, I tried turning everything off but one xp machine and reinstalling the untangle and nothing would show up. I played with the xp tcp/ip properties till I ran out of coffee, I tried auto and manual settings, network naming/renaming and workgroup settings...The only thing I didn't try was dropping this mess off the bridge! I could not win, the only system the untangle would work with was the Vista and the outside world. The several xp systems and the network printer...forget it. Four 18 hour days of hell.

Went and bought a netgear router and had everything working and tested in a couple hours.

I would like to invite somebody to resolve this.