Master Untangler

Default Issues with 1 curcuit

I will try to explain this as best as possible. We have 5 circuits total coming into our Untangle box.

4 - 35/35 Verizon Fios
    1 - 200/200 Local Fiber Line

The only browsing on the 200/200 will be when the Verizon lines go down. The other use of the 200/200 is a site-site openvpn tunnel between this Untangle box and another Untangle box. The other Untangle box is located in a collocation facility which also has a 200/200 connection.

I noticed that I am only pulling roughly 40-60mbps between the two sites. So I decided to do some test downloads without the VPN to ensure the bandwidth is AOK.

On the local untangle box I am having the same speed issues while just doing a normal wget on a linux box. The only way I can get better numbers is to bypass the destination address of what I am downloading, then things start to cruze ( I go from 3-6MB/s to 15-20MB/s).

The remote Untangle has no issues picking up a file with wget at expected speeds.

I did look over the openvpn cpu usage while doing a transfer and I definitely still have some room for improvement (50-60%). I know its single threaded and untangle's openssl is still lacking AES-NI support. Definitely excited for 10.0

Both Untangle machines are identical hardware with E5-2680 CPU's.

I am also having issues with the live support module. When clicking live support it simply opens a blank untangle screen. I have tested this in 3 different PC's and just about every browser.
    Last edited by AdamB; 07-10-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Master Untangler

Just tested scp'ing a file between the two untangle box's with the tunnel. No problem hitting full speed. This is killing me.

Maybe I will just leave the site-site in place for network connectivity and utilize ssh with some port forwards to transfer large files.

Still can't hit my live support module either.

Master Untangler

Scratch that, looks like ssh is suffering the same performance hit when going through the uvm.