Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Yep.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    All you have to do is bypass the traffic, a concept you will NEED TO KNOW. If you plan on administrating an Untangle server anyway. The additional complaints are silly at this point. And yes, you need TWO RULES. Untangle 10 has a reworked networking base, of course it's going to have different quirks.

Two bypass rules:

Bypass: Protocol: GRE
    Bypass: Destination Port: 1723 Protocol: TCP

These two rules take care of both ingress and egress.

I added a bypass for 1723 TCP at Configuration -> Network -> Bypass Rules , but GRE is not in the protocol list in the Bypass rules section. The only place i could find that might have the same effect was Configuration -> Network -> Advanced -> "Forward filter rules" and "input filter rules" which i both tried.

I also tried to bypass all trafic on the external ip of the VPN server and have a forward rule to forward everything coming in on the external ip of the vpn server to the internal ip of the vpn server.

In one thread on this forum it was mentioned that a reboot of the untangle server was needed to get PPTP working. I haven't tried that yet since the servers behind this untangle server are under heavy load 24x7, but will try to reboot somewhere tonight.

That was a goof on my part, you don't have to bypass GRE, because GRE isn't TCP or UDP, it's not processed already.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I've also tried this as I am having the exact same problem with V.10, and it still doesn't work... I've also opened a support ticket, no reply yet from support.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Iaragon View Post
    I've also tried this as I am having the exact same problem with V.10, and it still doesn't work... I've also opened a support ticket, no reply yet from support.
    The only spot I see for the bypass rule is that one place for 1723 port like in the rule I posted
    a screen shot of.

The problem of letting more than one PPTP connection out is still there with the bypass rule I posted before.

I have it with the rule, without the rule, version 9.x and version 10.x.

Looks like it works in version 9.x but version 10.x is where the problem of allowing only one PPTP VPN connection
    out at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaragon View Post
    Support has contacted me and we are working on figuring things out. I still haven't tried a reboot ..

Banned

I have tried rebooting did not affect the problem of only one pptp connection out though..

Banned

I'll jump in on this and state that I having much the same problems. I had a 9.3 firewall whos HDD blew out. Replaced the disk and installed 10. I have PPTP port 1723 forwarded to my SBS 2003 server. I also forwarded GRE and setup bypasses for both and I cannot connect. Connections time out with 800 errors.

Untanglit

Do NOT set the rules in "Input filter rules". AFAIK these are used only for traffic that is destined towards the Untangle appliance. Configure the bypass rules in "Forward filter rules".
    Also, I'd suggest you add a rule not just for "Destination port is 1723", but also add "Source port is 1723".
    I'd also recommend that you do a tcpdump on both interfaces (inside/outside) simultaneously and capture the session (use -vvv for extra verbosity). Might shed some light on what's going on and we might be able to help out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by milen View Post
    Do NOT set the rules in "Input filter rules". AFAIK these are used only for traffic that is destined towards the Untangle appliance. Configure the bypass rules in "Forward filter rules".
    Also, I'd suggest you add a rule not just for "Destination port is 1723", but also add "Source port is 1723".
    I'd also recommend that you do a tcpdump on both interfaces (inside/outside) simultaneously and capture the session (use -vvv for extra verbosity). Might shed some light on what's going on and we might be able to help out.
    wow got some screen shots with that advice man..
    face it they broke the the dam thing version 10 and we must pay for support conctract if we want it to ever work again.

and for use free untanglers there is no support and screen shots for those that dew have it paid support.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast