Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question Untangle 10 PPTP issues

After searching this forum and trying everything I could find I've submitted the following issue to support:

After using PPTP with Untangle 9 succesfully in the past I upgraded (reinstalled) to Untangle 10. I used the same settings and hardware as with Untangle 9, but i guess there is a problem with the GRE protocol. PPTP connections fail from internal to external and from external to internal. I can connect PPTP from internal to external after setting op a openvpn connection from my desktop (behind Untangle 10) to a remote Untangle 9 server, but even then can't connect to the PPTP server hosted behind Untangle 10.
    I tried adding a bypass rule for port 1723 TCP, but to no avail. I can see the 1723 tcp connection being made, but get a 628 error after that in the vpn client.
    I also tried adding filter rules to bypass GRE and 1723 tcp traffic, but that didn't make any difference.
    Offcourse if anyone of the untangle community can give me some helpfull info I would appreciate it!

Banned

yes I had the same problem. I had to put in 2 separate rules to get it to allow pptp in from the out side connection one was forward simple rule for 1723. then a second rule with just the gre in it.

however I found another problem that it will only let one vpn connection at a time out of the lan when untangle 10 is installed vs 9.x..

I open a thread on it but no one from employee side responded with soulltion only a thread pointing to when paid support login and fix it for them..

at best we have ppttp inbound working in v10 but multiple outbound pptp behind untangle 10 is still not working.

thanks

Banned

I am not sure at this point if I want to put untangle 10 in front of a 500 node network at my office or not.

I think at this point with paid support or the free support it hard to test the free one for eval when it does not work with pptp to well. I may have to stay with the cisco intergraded service router firewall product and use open dns to restrict web content it has been working well and no pptp problems.

good luck.

All you have to do is bypass the traffic, a concept you will NEED TO KNOW. If you plan on administrating an Untangle server anyway. The additional complaints are silly at this point. And yes, you need TWO RULES. Untangle 10 has a reworked networking base, of course it's going to have different quirks.

Two bypass rules:

Bypass: Protocol: GRE
    Bypass: Destination Port: 1723 Protocol: TCP

These two rules take care of both ingress and egress.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    All you have to do is bypass the traffic, a concept you will NEED TO KNOW. If you plan on administrating an Untangle server anyway. The additional complaints are silly at this point. And yes, you need TWO RULES. Untangle 10 has a reworked networking base, of course it's going to have different quirks.

Two bypass rules:

Bypass: Protocol: GRE

These two rules take care of both ingress and egress.
    any one ever figure out why we can not get more than one pptp connection out of untangle 10 at a time?

You can, if you bypass it. The why is something the Untangle devs will have to worry about.

Incidentally, in Untangle 9 PPTP was bypassed by DEFAULT. So all you're doing is putting it back the way Untangle 9 was.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Banned

have any screen shots of that bypass rule you are talking about?

several post have tried that method and still can not get more than one vpn connection out to a pptp server at a time.

thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by holynger View Post
    have any screen shots of that bypass rule you are talking about?

several post have tried that method and still can not get more than one vpn connection out to a pptp server at a time.

thanks
    any word on those screens shots of this bypass rule that fixes the only allowing one vpn connection out at a time.

thanks

Just do this:

If that doesn't work contact support.

Read these carefully:
    http://forums.untangle.com/announcem...uidelines.html
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Banned

this is what I take it your are talking about bypass rule.

pptpbypass.png

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast