Master Untangler

Default Untangle: An error has occurred: External address conflict

Hello,

I did a quick search and did not come up with any solutions. I am wanting to update some port forwards, when I go to save them I am greeted with an error: An error has occurred: External address conflict. 66.242.xxx.xxx is configured multiple times.

This address is the IP I use for administering the machine, as well as is used as a 1:1 nat rule. We have a few external ip addresses. I do not recall seeing this error until it auto updated, so not sure what the deal is here.

Full error below:
    Code:
    Exception name: java.lang.RuntimeException: External address conflict. 66.242.xxx.xxx is configured multiple times.

Exception code: 490

Exception message: External address conflict. 66.242.xxx.xxx is configured multiple times.

Exception java stack: java.lang.RuntimeException: External address conflict. 66.242.64.19 is configured multiple times.
    at com.untangle.uvm.engine.NetworkManagerImpl.sanityCheckNetworkSettings(NetworkManagerImpl.java:775)
    at com.untangle.uvm.engine.NetworkManagerImpl._setSettings(NetworkManagerImpl.java:492)
    at com.untangle.uvm.engine.NetworkManagerImpl.setNetworkSettings(NetworkManagerImpl.java:141)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor313.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.jabsorb.JSONRPCBridge.call(JSONRPCBridge.java:646)
    at org.jabsorb.JSONRPCServlet.service(JSONRPCServlet.java:274)
    at com.untangle.uvm.webui.jabsorb.UtJsonRpcServlet.service(UtJsonRpcServlet.java:109)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
    at com.untangle.uvm.util.AdministrationValve.invoke(AdministrationValve.java:46)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
    at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpNioProcessor.process(AjpNioProcessor.java:184)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1721)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1679)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Exception js stack: Error
    at https://192.168.0.1/jsonrpc/jsonrpc.js?s=1392607690:461:37

Build: 10.1.0~svn20140216r37207release10.1-1squeeze

Timestamp: Mon Feb 24 2014 13:29:08 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
    I copied the rules from my old v9 install.

This means is 66.242.64.19 configured multiple times.
    I would find where it is configured for the second time and delete it.
    If you have the interface configured to that IP, do not add it as an alias.
    Yes, we continue to add more sanity checking in current version to prevent common misconfigurations.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

I have it as the wan interface, and also as an alias. To confirm, remove the alias from the interaces tab?

Yes.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com