Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks donhwyo.

Untangle does provide DNS for local machines.

IP is how the print drivers find the target copier.

Untangle Ninja

are you sure the port definition for the printer in windows is defined with an IP address, and not some sort of device name that has to be resolved somehow? and are you sure that said device name wasn't defined as a static dns entry on the old untangle box? so that machines now have to resolve the device name by other means, which don't always work?

Alright, so I took the 4 plus hour drive on Sunday to give some time to the Untangle issue. After I got there, the first thing I did after powering back up the new box (we had the old one up and running for printing purposes) was to take down the configuration of the old box and then compared that to the new box. It was the same. I then attempted to print. There were no issues printing. Everything printed as it should. I stayed the night and went back to the office the next morning and had the employees to print, talk on the phones, email, and do speedtests all at the same time. No issues.

I know that I asked them to restart the box during the initial troubleshooting phase. Perhaps they didn't? Perhaps all it needed was a good reboot? I don't know, but it hasn't resurfaced and today is Wednesday.

Thanks for the help all.

If you ask most of my co-workers to re-boot the computer they will reach up and push the power button on the LCD monitor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12