Untangler

Default IPSEC VPN for Avaya VOIP Phones Setup Help

Need to setup a IPSEC Vpn for Avaya 9600 IP phones and need some help. Document says it contains an integrated IPSec client but does not give me setup info for the untangle. I looked through IPsec on untangle but not really sure what settings to use.

Here is the avaya vpn guide.

http://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100068662

I have access to phone and untangle so if anyone can help of has questions please reply.

thanks

Untangle's IPSec engine isn't designed for endpoints to attach, only other routers to build tunnels. I'm not sure this can work.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

hmm, that's not good...Trying to think outside the box what would be my other options? add another firewall just for ipsec and bypass in the untangle? or any other ideas? Not working is not an option, I would rather not replace the untangle.

If you have 10.2 or above you should be able to enable l2tp server in ipsec. I haven't used it with ayaya but i have used it with other devices. After reading the linked manual I believe this is what you are after.
    Attached Images Attached Images

l2tp != ipsec

And I have no suggestions, I don't bother encrypting SIP traffic from remote endpoints.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangler

no suggestions? Nothing ? Nada? Do I get any suggestions if I tell you that we use NexGen Appliances? LOL.. They have a NG50

Maybe reusing the current NG50 in bridge so I can still get web filter and reporting and getting another supported firewall that does IPsec. I would rather stay with untangle if possible, I don't get the web reporting with any other firewall.

I don't understand your part about encrypting...would this be possible without encypting?

Well, this isn't really an Untangle question, it's a PBX question.

How do you deploy and operate remote phones with your PBX? I honestly haven't a clue, and most of that reality is simply not changed by the presence of Untangle.

I've never tried to use an IPSec client in a phone, because I've never felt the need to encrypt the voice traffic. When I have a PBX that needs to support remote phones, I forward the appropriate ports to the PBX, and configure the phones to operate right over the Internet.

If I needed more protection than that, I used a site-to-site tunnel.
    NexgenAppliances.com

I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    The phone supports lots of ways to connect.
    Several of the ways leverage XAUTH, which we don't yet support, but IPsec VPN supports the other ways already.

As far as how to configure your phone, I have no idea.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com