Master Untangler

Default How to mark traffic with Untangle??

I have changed internet providers and my previously working VoIP and femtocell stopped working.

Turns out the new carrier NBN only recognises Voip traffic for DSCP values between 40-47 decimal. On the SPA-303 and SPA3102 the Voice SIP ToS/DiffServ Value and RTP ToS/DiffServ Value need to be set within this range. I set mine to 40 and they both then registered successfully. However the femtocell is not working and appears to be not user configurable.

Now, when the ISP's modem was connected to the new service (troubleshooting) the VoIP and femtocell worked fine which leads me to believe it was marking VoIP traffic which is how the femtocell presents to the network I expect. Its an Alcatel Lucent 9361 if that helps.

My question, in order to avoid a really painful discussion with the femtocell provider, is it possible to mark traffic with untangle and if so, how.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Master Untangler

Can be done, can't be done?? Anyone??

No, it is not possible. Not from the UI anyway.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

I suspected as much. Thank you.

Meanwhile, here's a gotcha for any Australian's planning to connect VoIP devices via an untangle device to the NBN.

NBN expects DSCP marking between 40-47 (decimal) to work with VoIP. This can mostly be sorted on the device itself (IP Phone, ATA for example). Femtocell products also need to be marked to work properly since it appears they present to the network as a VoIP device. The Alcatel Lucent 9361 homecell is not end user configurable and so this marking needs to be pushed out to the device by the carrier. In the case of Optus the router they supply does the marking but this actually doesn't help anyone wanting to use another router. As a workaround, I have the femtocell plugged into the Optus router which is then behind the untangle device.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/...c_20131014.pdf
    pp22 Table 12 CoS marking for UNI-D TC-1 from the customer side.

VoIP devices can be configured as shown which solves the problem.

11174765_10206798335866126_4140189920104051937_n.jpg
    Last edited by keith_h; 05-04-2015 at 11:03 PM.