Master Untangler

Default Issues sending emails with attachments since upgrading to 11.1

Since installing Untangle 11.1 we've been encountering some issues when sending emails with attachments to certain domains.

I say it's since installing Untangle 11.1 - I'm going to try and rule out/in Untangle 100% if I can be removing it temporarily.
    However we didn't have any problems sending emails the day before installing 11.1 but did the day after.

Anyway, on to the issue:

For a small number of external domains (totally separate/not linked in any way), emails with attachments fail due to timeout errors.

The SMTP Protocol logs on Exchange show the connection to the recipient's mail server timing out almost straight away:

e.g:
    – Error 421 kundenserver.de – Service closing transmission channel – command timeout
    - Error: 421 4.4.2 Connection dropped.
    - Error: 421 4.4.2 mailex-2.ukservers.net – Error: timeout exceeded

As I mentioned above the issue occurs on a relatively small number of outgoing emails but even more bizarre is that it's only when there is a file attachment (any type/size). Emails to the problematic domains without attachments go through fine.

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this problem and can shed any light?

I temporarily disabled the Untangle Firewall and SpamBlocker Lite but this didn't make any difference.

Our configuration looks like this:

ISP Router
    |
    Untangle
    |
    Lan/Servers/Exchange/Workstations

On Untangle we're currently running the following apps:

Web Filter Lite
    Virus Blocker Lite
    Spam Blocker Lite
    Firewall
    Ad Blocker

Many thanks
    Last edited by BadBoyHouse; 06-26-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Master Untangler

Update:

I reverted back to Untangle 9.4, i.e. removed the hard drive with 11.1 and fitted the hard drive with 9.4 installed on it so we were back as at before the upgrade.

As expected there were no problems at all when sending emails with attachments.

This therefore does mean that the issue was with Untangle 11.1. We configured it in exactly the same way - all settings were transposed from 9.4.

Can anyone help us on this?

Try disabling Virus Blocker Lite and Spam Blocker Lite.

Try this:
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/S...t_delivered.3F

Other than that I would just contact support and we'll be glad to help.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Try disabling Virus Blocker Lite and Spam Blocker Lite.

Try this:
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/S...t_delivered.3F

Other than that I would just contact support and we'll be glad to help.

Thanks. I did try turning off Virus Blocker Lite and Spam Blocker Lite but unfortunately this didn't make any difference.

Will open up a support ticket - presumably we can do this given we are using the free version?