Question Disabling inbound source address translation

Good morning,

I have a question regarding port forwarding. I notice on my server, all incoming port forwarded connections have a source address of Untangle's inside interface IP. This is undesirable, and I was wondering if it's possible to disable source address translation on port forwards, so my server sees the actual public IP of the incoming connection instead of Untangle's local IP.

How can I disable source address translation on inbound connections?

And for future reference, can this be done on 1:1 NAT as well? I am not using it currently but may be at some point.

port forwards do not rewrite source address.

that is controlled by your NAT configuration including your interface config, NAT rules, etc.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I have only the default NAT rule (destination interface is any non-WAN, NAT type auto). My external interface has the NAT box checked, and my internal interface does not.

What do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlF12 View Post
    I have only the default NAT rule (destination interface is any non-WAN, NAT type auto). My external interface has the NAT box checked, and my internal interface does not.

What do I need to do?
    By default there are no nat rules.

If you added a rule saying all traffic to non-WAN addresses should be NATed to a local address, then you just need to remove that rule if you don't want it NATed.
    naisanza likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Okay, it looks like that took care of it. Not sure where I ended up with that rule. I guess it's been long enough since I installed this for me to forget.

Thanks