Untanglit

Default Frustrating problems with DHCP

I'm frustrated and wondered if anyone might be able to help!

Basically I had Untangle working in a test environment - it was giving out LAN IPs and working as intended.

And then I took it to the production environment and plugged it in to a few downstream LAN devices and it wouldn't give out any IPs (nor could I reach it when I self-assigned the downstream LAN devices an IP).

Quick question, as it's all I can think might be happening: does Untangle work - at all - without a WAN (Internet) connection? Because that might be the problem. It's the only difference I can think of from my test to my production environment.

Unfortunately I can't physically login to the machine with Untangle on it because it's headless due to the fact I don't have a monitor which can display the resolution Untangle wants to boot into.

THANKS

Untanglit

I give up. I've spent all evening yesterday and all day today on it and I give up. Thanks all! :-)

Have ordered a newer monitor to see what's going on.

Untangle Ninja

I have read a WAN connection is required for Untangle to operate, but I can't say what breaks when no Internet connection is available; I can't recall the context where I read that a WAN connection is required.

Some day I should test that, If our Internet connection goes down for any length of time, what happens?