Default Multiple Untangles

Ok I've got another question that I hope someone can answer.

I'm going to be putting 3 Untangle boxes, @ the 3 internet connections into my network. What I want to be able to do is to have a standard configuration for Port Forwards, Firewall, Web Filter, ETC. What is the easiest way to distribute these setting without having to manually make changes to every Untangle Box. Thanks.

probably just set one up, use backup/restore, then change IP settings.

make sure you download all the apps before restoring because the IP settings will be wrong for the new one so it won't be able to download the apps.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'm still curious on why Unstangle decided to not get the keys of each untangle box when you run the backup script. Any reason to not do that? I've modifed the script to backup and restore the keys at the same time.
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado

Quote Originally Posted by juank View Post
    I'm still curious on why Unstangle decided to not get the keys of each untangle box when you run the backup script. Any reason to not do that? I've modifed the script to backup and restore the keys at the same time.
    The idea is that the box key is an identifier and you're just backing up the config.
    You should be able to plop that config on any box, but you can't do that with the box key. Multiple boxes sharing the same box key will lead to problems.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I know that. What I meant is, for example in my case, if my Untangle server just dies, a complete dead, I have another box (cold spare) that I just need to run the modified restore script and problem fix. That way, I don't have to call you guys to update your records with my new key as a Paid Pro package. Do you understand me ?
    Juan Machado

Is there a way to do this automatically?

mdh

juank/dtortora,

A modified restore script would not be able to tell us anything about what was, only what is. Systems that keep track of box keys for Sales & Support would not have meaningful information anymore, and the code that would be required to keep them in sync (if even possible) should not be exposed to the outside world.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dtortora View Post
    I'm going to be putting 3 Untangle boxes, @ the 3 internet connections into my network.
    How you will make clients connect to the internet?! which Box they will use?!
    And is this setting will be as Router or bridge?

We are going to be using some Level 3 Netgear switches with OSPF