Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I've seen suggestions to always just set all your VMs to the highest number allowed by Hyper-V as your baseline, and then back off on VMs as you have contention issues.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 15.1.0 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

That's what the priority percentages below the vCore setting are for.

Honestly, given recent testing on my part, I'm seriously wondering why Hyper-V even has that box, it should simply never be used... unless you've got a guest OS that pitches a fit over the virtual hardware emulated.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismal View Post
    @iandrews

If you really want to test the box do it on bare metal , that is the best way to get real results, I do not really believe that 2 more cores will not make a difference + windows overhead but I may be wrong also
    So, installed Untangle directly on the "server", and this time the ISO copy ran at almost at full speed. The windows File copy window showed 112MB/s while the Network Throughput window of Task Manager showed 970 (ish) Mbps. I did the copy the other way, and got similar results.

Did the copy both ways at the same time, and got about 500 (ish) one way, and 700 (ish) the other. CPU load on this test showed 1.35 I think.

So maybe not scientific, but shows that the J1900 can do 1GB speed, and that running Untangle in a VM can drastically reduce performance.

Master Untangler deleted_account+152373@untangle.com's Avatar

@iandrews

Nice. thanks for taking the time and doing a retest. Good info

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567