Untanglit

Default Get two WANs working on Linksys WRT1900ACS

I successfully have two WANs setup leveraging a switch and vLANs, then created virtual WAN1 and WAN2 interfaces in Untangle with external as parent.

Next challenge is how can I get failover to work? They don't supply WAN Balancer to the Linksys Untangle firmware because it "needs larger disk space and memory". But seems bogus since my flash drive has 30GB free and Linksys comes with 512mb RAM of which plenty free.

Thoughts?

Ideally I would have WAN1 primary but if packet loss occurs, would fail over to WAN2. If WAN1 stabilizes, fail back to WAN1. Is that so much to ask?

Its hidden by default because it wasn't supported on the ASUS which uses VLANs internally.

If you PM me your UID and enable remote support I can fix it.
    Or just run:

rm -f /etc/untangle/hardware/firmware.d/50hide && apt-get install --yes --reinstall untangle-node-wan-balancer untangle-node-wan-failover && service untangle-vm restart

then go install th eapps

edit: where does it say that wan balancer isnt' supported becaues of the disk space?
    Kyawa likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post

edit: where does it say that wan balancer isnt' supported becaues of the disk space?
    I won't call them out but one of your support engineers:

We do not offer WAN Balancer on the Linksys version. If you are able to connect 2 WANs to it, that is not a setup we anticipated or support. The Linksys version of our software was written specifically for that router and it is not possible to install the full version of Untangle on it due to the limited drive space and memory it has.
    Best wishes,

Untanglit

Dmorris- worked flawlessly. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hackbird View Post
    We do not offer WAN Balancer on the Linksys version. If you are able to connect 2 WANs to it, that is not a setup we anticipated or support. The Linksys version of our software was written specifically for that router and it is not possible to install the full version of Untangle on it due to the limited drive space and memory it has.
    Best wishes,
    He or she isn't wrong. If you want official support from our team, you will need to wait until v13.
    Sorry I should have been clearer.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com