Default HAProxy support and Letsencrypt

Hi everyone,

I am very new to untangle, i'd like to know whether untangle supports HAProxy and Letsencrypt?

Thank you.

Untangle cannot be behind a proxy server, it has a transparent proxy service available in the Web Cache module. There is nothing preventing you from operating a proxy behind Untangle, just be aware that the rack doesn't care about packet direction! And you're probably going to want to bypass or specially consider traffic inbound to web services of any kind.

Untangle doesn't officially support letsencrypt, but it does work if you set it up properly.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I've read a few of the examples out there on how to set it up and followed them but still had issues and errors on 13.0. Does anyone have an update that shows it being "properly" setup in 13.0? Thanks!

Untangle uses this file for its certificate /etc/apache2/ssl/apache.pem

Configure your letsencrypt agent to spit out a complete single file .pem, rename that file and symlink it to whatever letsencrypt outputs.

The debain letsencrypt package of certbot works fine in these conditions.

https://wiki.debian.org/LetsEncrypt

I cannot be more specific because it requires modifying Untnagle's APT configuration for a short time to get the package installed, and people seem to forget to revert these modifications so their boxes don't self upgrade into a useless Frankenstein. If you wish to do this yourself, look in the wiki's developer section.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com