Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help!!

Untanglit

Question Need Help!!

I am newbie to UT just installed 1st box (5.3) and can not get any forwarding to work.

my apologies if im in wrong forum...please direct to correct one

will start with smtp

I need smtp (25) forwarded to internal mail server at 192.168.0.x.
    PF rule = dst port 25, protocol tcp, source interface external, destined local, 192.168.0.x, port 25

have tried multiple firewall rules with no luck. can not telnet into mail server.

any ideas...is the pf rule incorrect? i found a few different examples online and nothing seems to work.

I need other ports forwarded in but can figure them out if I can get help on smtp.

mdh

Welcome! The rule looks good, so I gotta ask some basic questions first. If you are using port forwards, you do have Untangle connected as a router...right? Is there another router or a separate firewall upstream that would prevent access? Your connections should be (based on my assumption):

Internet <-> Untangle (router mode) <-> Switch <-> Mail Server + rest of your LAN

Is that right? Finally, have you traced cables to make sure you don't have Untangle connected up backwards? Also, check your addressing/netmasks/gateways for Untangle and for the mail server.

Untanglit

Default nothing upstream

The untangle box is direct internet connection and yes it is in router mode and yes you're assumption is correct in the setup.

yes the cables are attached to the appropriate interfaces.

had https forwarding in correctly last night on 5.2 and that was all i could get...reinstalled with 5.3 today hoping for better results.
    Last edited by egeex; 07-16-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Untanglit

Default thanks

and thanks for the welcome...tiredness got the better of me.

I will be onsite at that location later today. If you can suggest a FW rule to work in conjunction with the PF rule it would be appreciated.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some good documentation I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by egeex; 07-17-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Untanglit

Default Have made progress

I have SSL (443) and pptp (1723) forwarding in to hosts on private network. All i need is smtp to forward in. I have the same forward rule as the other serivces however when I telnet into the external ip address port 25 i do not get my mail server on the inside.

Any ideas?? Anyhting special need to be done for smtp to forward through?

mdh

Have you actually tried getting mail through there, or are you using telnet as a preliminary step to see if you could? Maybe the box is set to not respond to telnet.

Untanglit

Default mail issue

I had mail pointed at it and it would not pass through...had to move mail back to original destination for company to receive mail...since then just telnet into port 25 to test.

I had thought of telnet and will check that next time I log into the box...will be doing that shortly after I eat dinner.

Untanglit

Default Thanks for the support

I am up and running.

Very, Very interested in a dual WAN version any projected date? Or at least a peek at a sample script to switch network and nat to utilize a 2nd WAN interface should the primary go down as I have seen mentioned a couple of times...I'll be googling that tonight.

Untangler

How did you fix it? Not sure on dual wans, you wanting redundancy or load balancing?

Untanglit

It was internal routing issues...untangle worked the whole time.
    I had a major issue that i hope is unrelated. I emailed myself the ovenvpn client installer for windows from the untangle box, installed it on my xp pro sp3 box, left it running connected to untangle overnight, rebooted pc and hdd crashed. Had to do a restore. Any one else encounter an issue after installing that?
    I have yet to reinstall that again. I am going to do a new bu of my system and then reinstall the client and try again...wont be as painful if i have to restore again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast