Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default port forwarding on 5.3

hey all,

So i have about 15 untangle boxes deployed. All work except the newest one.

I have setup port forwarding and the only ports hat show when I do an external port scan are 25 80 110.

They only show intermittently...meaning i do a scan there they are 2 mnutes later scan again...nothing or 1 or 2

Additionally the other ports I need, 443, 4125 etc dont show at all. And the only port that works as far as forwarding is port 80. Port 25, the most important one does not.

Now this is not my first bbq. I have gone over the config numerous times and compared it similar setups I have. Everything is configured properly. This measn there is a problem with Untangle code itself.

I have read through other forums and the few people repoirting similar problems do nto seem to have a solution.

So any ideas here? I am desperate to keep my client happy as it is a large account for me. I am going to go back to a silly linksys router if this continues even though it doesnt have the featrues at least it works fairly reliably.

kenderkin

Untanglit

Default Smtp Connection

as an update

when I telnet to port 25 it does seem to connect but gives me now header
    also when i throw smtp commands at it after the first keystroke it kills the connection.

just in case that helps

Default Port Fowarding Issue on 5.3

I also have this issue, it seems no matter what port I setup to be fowarded under network settings and port fowarding that it will not foward the port. I have tried 443, 3389, and a number of other ports and none of them will foward. I've even tried running my firewall wide open to ensure that it was not a issue there and still not a single port can be fowarded.

Is there any solution to this?

Please post screenshots of your port forward rules and we'll be happy to help. It's hard to fix what we can't see.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Default Port foward

Please see attached the screen shots of the two ports I am trying to open but am not having any success in doing so. The uTorrent port is being tested by using the port tester inside utorrent and port 443 is what i'm using for remote desktop and I am never able to remote in.

I am still not having any luck at all with any port forwarding in untangle 5.3. Is this just a bug in this version or am I doing something wrong that will not allow me to froward my ports? Is it possible to manually froward the ports by manually editing ip tables?

Untanglit

why are you directing to a new port on these port forward rules? Seems unnecessary. And do you need to include the internal interface as well as the external? Why destined local?
    Last edited by schultzy; 08-06-2008 at 04:58 AM. Reason: forgot something

this is how i've seen other rules that work setup, someone else posted a screen shot of their working rules. I've tried all sorts of other combinations though.. like just the ip of the computer I want the information on this port to go to, without directing to a new port internally, without the destined local, any combination that I could think of and it don't work lol.

Untanglit

do you have a firewall rule that is blocking access? I had to create both a port forward rule and a firewall rule to publish my web server(s) and mail server.

If its "connecting" when you telnet then its working.

I'd try some tcpdump to track down the issue
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast