Master Untangler

Default Port Based Outbound Routing Using Aliased Public IP?

My apologies if this has been discussed or answered elsewhere, if so please post a link for me to it ...

I have a urgent requirement for a client where I need to proved a solution using Untangle for their outbound SMTP traffic from a specific internal IP Address over Port 587 so that all that traffic is showing as coming from an aliased Public IP address as opposed to the primary external IP address. I hope that is possible, I've briefly looked at the static routes and filtering rules but don't see how to do it. Any ideas? Thank you!!

Yes, you do this via NAT rules.

You just need to be very specific with your rules, because an over match is very easy and can cause headaches.

Now TCP 587 is what the server runs on, that's ingress traffic, not egress. Egress may connect to a server operating on TCP 587, but the traffic will source from a random port, not 587.
    dmor likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Rob - Thanks, you're the guru ... I'll review the NAT rules and yes, the Server Port is 587.

Update: It was really easy and simple, I have it setup and working, Untangle Rocks and the Forums are awesome!!
    Last edited by chmcwill; 07-17-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    dmor likes this.