Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I havent modified the installation. I think 3.1.6 was there as well. Unfortunately not on site so will have to go there to check the options.

Its an older switch but essentially the same. Imagine port1 is that tagged ports the connected to the firewall and port 3 or 19 untagged to put a laptop directly to vlan20

Check the VLAN membership as the untagged ports still need VLAN membership on Netgear. This is the reason for asking for snapshots.

The more interesting is the kernel 3.2.0 still there. That should not be there and I don't believe is valid combination. It might be worth opening a support ticket.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 08-12-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Similar problem here. I've been using untangle in transparent bridge mode with vlans for three months and all has worked fine. I was upgraded to v14 over the weekend and my vlan set up stopped working. I spent hours trying to fix it, including doing a complete fresh installation of untangle v14, which did not solve it. I then found this thread, which at that time had the last post made on 07-28-2018. I did a complete fresh installation of untangle v13.2.1 and all went back to working just fine.

Without a reproducible setup, it's highly unlikely the developers can know what the problem is, much less fix it. It's best to post exactly how your network is setup and what is not working.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I've got another one that is no longer working but this has the 3.1.6 Kernel

Build: 14.0.0.20180809T183301.113f85e615-1stretch
    Kernel: 3.16.0-4-untangle-686-pae

Untanglit

Forum won't allow me to post links until I've made 5 posts, so doing that now.

Untanglit

...and a 3rd post.

Untanglit

..... 4th post

Untanglit

.... and 5th post. Post with links to follow.

Untanglit

My untangle setup is as described under "Configuring VLAN on Untangle in Bridge Mode" at: http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/N...in_Bridge_Mode

My switch is set up with 802.1Q vlans in the same configuration as in the images in this thread at: https://forums.untangle.com/attachme...tgear-vlan.jpg and https://forums.untangle.com/attachme...gear-vlan2.jpg

All works fine with v13.2.1. With v14 traffic doesn't come through the vlans and the untangle box reboots itself if it is left with this setup. Removing the untangle box and just feeding the vlans directly from the router to the switch works fine.

So I'm back on v13.2.1 and all going well again, as it has for the last three months since I started using Untangle.
    pntz likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast