Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Also, for the record, we still do not recommend installing like this. Thats why it says "not recommended" in bold and all caps. Untangle is a firewall/router, we suggest using it as such.
    Are you saying you don't recommend bridge-mode or VLAN-tagged interfaces? Or something else?

Thanks.

We don't recommend VLANs across on bridged interfaces.

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...in_Bridge_Mode

"Some users want to configure untangle in bridge mode in the middle of a VLANed network. This is possible, but NOT RECOMMENDED."
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by TangleTamer View Post
    I can confirm that the patch fixed my issue too. Was running untangle in transparent bridge mode with vlans in between unifi USG and unifi switch.

Also switched to the new kernel via “grub-set-default 0“

Iīve got exactly the same issue.

I am using untangle in transparent bridge mode. Setup is as follows:

Draytek Vigor 130 (VSDL Modem) --> USG WAN / USG LAN --> untangle eth0 (wan) / untangle eth1 (bridged internal) --> switch

When I am not adding VLANs to untangle (external VLAN with eth0 as parent and bridged internal VLAN), I get the correct subnets from the USG. However, Untangle strips the VLAN-ID, and the webfilter doesnīt work properly.

When I add those VLANs, I donīt have any internet access any more.

I am using version
    Build: 14.0.1.20180827T111844.4c1932f659-1stretch
    Kernel: 4.9.0-7-untangle-amd64

and therefore canīt use the patch any more. Any suggestions?

It's probably not an issue with the UT. I would describe your network settings in detail from the UT, edge route and the switch settings.

Default Same here

I'm also running UT between a USG and a U24, when I first set up my USG VLAN's worked fine, then latest update to the Unifi stack and they stopped working. Been troubleshooting this all day long, even rebuilt the Unifi network with a new Cloud Key controller thinking it was an upgrade to that.

Then I took UT out of the network and bingo, VLAN's work as expected. So now suspect it's something in the UT stack causing the issue. From UT command line I can ping clients on the VLAN, I can ping the VLAN gateway, no problem, but UT either isn't passing traffic from the client to the gateway on the VLAN or isn't tagging it on the way through.

Contemplating workarounds now. I followed the instructions to a T (other than the route rule bit which must be outdated since it created routes itself), WAN balancer installed, etc. I know Bridge VLAN isn't recommended but it was working for me (and others apparently) and now it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    It's probably not an issue with the UT. I would describe your network settings in detail from the UT, edge route and the switch settings.

Welcome to the Forums. I would post your own thread so answers are not mixed with the case of the original poster. Also what exact version are you running?
    Last edited by jcoffin; 09-28-2018 at 06:25 PM.

I got this sorted today, after a closer look at WAN Balancer there was the Route Rules tab, I was looking at the Route tab under the network config which is what caused the confusion. After enabling the route in there all is well again, funny how it worked prior to the upgrade to the Unifi stack though. Glitch in the matrix.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678