Untanglit

Default New Device not showing up in Untangle

Untangle has been working well for months. This week I added a color HP printer to the network. It obtained an IP address and is working fine.

I went into Untangle to add the printer to the bypass rules so it doesn't count against my license count, but it doesn't show up as a host or as a device.

I have 44 hosts, so I'm not in excess of my license count (I thought maybe it was just ignoring it).

Anyone know why this isn't showing up? It just makes me worry as to whether other devices may have the same issue and I just didn't know about it.

If there is no or little traffic from the device, it will not show in the /admin/index.do#hosts. You should see the printer in the DHCP list; /admin/index.do#config/network/dhcp-server .
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

It is probably the least used machine on the network; My dhcp is provided by my Linux Server so Untangle won't have it in the DHCP since untangle doesn't provide dhcp; I do see this machine in the ARP list on the untangle, just not as a device or host.

So I guess its because "little or no traffic"

If it doesn't talk to the internet (and untangle doesn't do DHCP) untangle isn't going to see it at all.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    If it doesn't talk to the internet (and untangle doesn't do DHCP) untangle isn't going to see it at all.
    Makes sense, I guess I never thought of that. The only communication it will have is on the Switch between the computers and does not talk to the internet. Thank you.