Default Question on configuring multiple nics for my lan

Hey all, new to untangle and just have a minor understanding of networking. Right now my untangle box has 3 nics (dual intel gigabit pro pci-e nic) and the on board broadcom gigabit nic. I am using the dual intel nics for my wan (gigabit fiber) and the other for my wired lan network. I want to use the 3rd nic on the same subnet as my wired lan nic but have that directly into my AP for all wifi devices. For one will this work and two what do I set my gateway address on the dhcp server for the wifi nic to? My wired lan nic ip is 192.168.2.1 and my nic for wifi is set to 192.168.2.3. Each nic has a dhcp server setup (in different ranges from each other on the 192.168.2.x subnet.

Hope this makes sense, thanks!

You'll want to configure NIC 3 to bridge to Internal if you want to flatten the internal networks. If each NIC is static, they cannot be in the same IP ranges, that's a TCP/IP 101 violation, duplication of IP address.
    Kyawa likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You'll want to configure NIC 3 to bridge to Internal if you want to flatten the internal networks. If each NIC is static, they cannot be in the same IP ranges, that's a TCP/IP 101 violation, duplication of IP address.
    Okay, I was not going to use the same ips on the nics or have overlapping ips on the dhcp servers on each nic, that is still a no no then? I will try doing it by bridging the 3rd nic to the internal. Just set it as bridged and done? My AP plugged directly into that nic will work just fine then? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Linky View Post
    Okay, I was not going to use the same ips on the nics or have overlapping ips on the dhcp servers on each nic, that is still a no no then? I will try doing it by bridging the 3rd nic to the internal. Just set it as bridged and done? My AP plugged directly into that nic will work just fine then? Thanks!
    No, you cannot overlap networks, IP ranges must be unique on an IP network, just like individual addresses must be unique. If you want the same IP range in both places, you must bridge the interfaces.
    Linky and Kyawa like this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    No, you cannot overlap networks, IP ranges must be unique on an IP network, just like individual addresses must be unique. If you want the same IP range in both places, you must bridge the interfaces.
    Set it up with a bridge and working great, thanks!