Untangler

Default can i use cisco anyconnect client to connect to untangle VPN Server

Hello,

Might not be possible but wanted to check would Cisco anyconnect client on IOS work to connect VPN setup on untangle?

Reason i ask is we are currently using MDM solution and wanted to make use of the per-app VPN solution but seems to only supported with the below clients.

Cisco AnyConnect Legacy (Device OS is less than iOS 10.3)
    Cisco AnyConnect New (Device OS is iOS 10.3 or later versions)
    F5 SSL
    Juniper SSL
    Pulse Secure
    SonicWall Mobile Connect
    Aruba VIA
    Check Point Mobile VPN

Thanks
    Last edited by kkw98; 01-24-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Yes I think it can be made to work with the L2TP terminator in the IPSec module. But I haven't tried it myself.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Thanks,

I tried few options but didn't get it to work. I did manage to get some output in the IPSEC logs as below.

Is this something i can ask support to help with?

Jan 24 19:56:03 router charon: 10[IKE] IKE_SA_INIT request with message ID 0 processing failed
    Jan 24 19:56:03 router charon: 10[IKE] integrity check failed
    Jan 24 19:56:03 router charon: 10[ENC] could not decrypt payloads
    Jan 24 19:56:03 router charon: 10[ENC] payload type CONFIGURATION was not encrypted
    Jan 24 19:56:03 router charon: 10[ENC] unknown attribute type (28728)
    Jan 24 19:56:03 router charon: 10[NET] received packet: from XXXXXXXX

Untangle's IPSec is intended for site-to-site tunnels, you can't use it for a client connection unless both sides had static IP addresses, not to mention the nightmares injected by NAT.

That's why I said L2TP, which Windows has a client built in for, but the Cisco client you're using is actually better with the protocol. Though you can't fully use it...

Honestly, I'd just use OpenVPN if I was going to install a 3rd party client while using Untangle as a VPN terminator.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangler

OK thanks, not sure if the Cisco anyconnect works with L2TP as i don't see an option.

Shame as we already purchased a MDM solution but it does not support OpenVPN for per-app VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by kkw98 View Post
    OK thanks, not sure if the Cisco anyconnect works with L2TP as i don't see an option.

Shame as we already purchased a MDM solution but it does not support OpenVPN for per-app VPN.
    Yes, that is a shame, because it's the best VPN on the shelf for that purpose. But these things don't work the way they do because of the best option, they work the way they do because someone paid for it.

I mean what other UTM have you come across that gives you THREE completely different VPN technologies to use along side each other? But still, not good enough...

That list you posted seems strange to me for other reasons... Where is MS's SSTP? That list is like a who's who of product I usually lump in the list of things people with more money than sense buy.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangler

Default can i use cisco anyconnect client to connect to untangle VPN Server

Iím using the Cisco IPSec built into IOS to connect to Untangle on demand; I also use DynamicDns and it works fine. Donít know if Cisco Anyconnect would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk