Default how to figure out what needs whitelisting

I am trying to play everquest project 1999. I was unable to bring up the server listing after logging in with my p99 account, it would just be blank. So I added my pc into the firewall rules to bypass the firewall and then it works fine. I do not want to by pass the firewall entirely on this pc though, how do I figure out what ip(s)/port(s) etc I need to add to untangle to allow it to connect?

thanks!

Go to reports, filter by the IP of you PC to see app and rule is blocking traffic.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Go to reports, filter by the IP of you PC to see app and rule is blocking traffic.
    Looked in reports, firewall, web filter, virus blocker, application control etc and nothing is listed under blocked events under any of them, except application control (all facebook entries as I have that blocked because no one in the house uses facebook and seems at all times of the day and night most devices and pc's in the house are constantly trying to connect to facebook for some reason).

Any suggestions how I can find what is being blocked since I was unable to find it in the reports? I am looking in the wrong places?

All blocks are recorded in reports. Look at specific IP and time your PC is blocked. By the sound of it, most likely it is application control. Application Control does not identify traffic with 100% accuracy so it might listed as so other app block.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    All blocks are recorded in reports. Look at specific IP and time your PC is blocked. By the sound of it, most likely it is application control. Application Control does not identify traffic with 100% accuracy so it might listed as so other app block.
    Okay, I watched all events in the firewall report and saw the ips my pc was contacting when logging in.. it did not block them it says but would not work, added the ips into the firewall rules and now it works. Know why it was not working even though it said it was not blocking them?

Also how do I add the entire subnet to allow bypass, if I wanted to add the entire range of lets say 192.168.1.1-254 into the bypass rules?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Linky View Post
    Okay, I watched all events in the firewall report and saw the ips my pc was contacting when logging in.. it did not block them it says but would not work, added the ips into the firewall rules and now it works. Know why it was not working even though it said it was not blocking them?

Also how do I add the entire subnet to allow bypass, if I wanted to add the entire range of lets say 192.168.1.1-254 into the bypass rules?

thanks again
    If you only have one subnet on your internal interface, then you could add the condition 'source interface' and then check your internal interface.

If you wan't to do the subnet explicitly, than you could add the condition 'source address' and specify 192.168.1.0/24 as that covers the whole subnet.

Don't forget to set the action type to be 'pass' and save the rule etc.
    Linky likes this.