Untangler

Default Event trigger to auto tag a device as "Untrusted"

Looking to see if anyone has setup an even trigger that would auto tag an unknown device as "Untrusted" until I manually went in and created a tag... I autotag guest network and such, but thought this might be cool to throw a device into another policy until I mark as trusted.

You can do that if you want just based on the new device example.
    It might be easier to instead just say if "not tagged" "trusted" instead of having an explicit "untrusted" tag.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Wow, yeah that makes more sense. Thanks!

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    Looking to see if anyone has setup an even trigger that would auto tag an unknown device as "Untrusted" until I manually went in and created a tag... I autotag guest network and such, but thought this might be cool to throw a device into another policy until I mark as trusted.
    Would you be so kind and give some example of this rule and where you create it. I'm also interested to do the same for my guest wifi network. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    Would you be so kind and give some example of this rule and where you create it. I'm also interested to do the same for my guest wifi network. Thanks
    This is in policy manager, a paid feature. The logic would be to configure your default rack with a very restrictive set of controls, and make another rack with more normal rules. Then, you make a policy rule that says tagged, and provide it with the tag you use, and redirect those tagged devices to the less restrictive rack. After that it's a simple matter of using the devices tab in the UI to put that tag on any device you want to be passed.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

I made an event to tag a new device. It then moves to a No Internet policy and has no Inter-VLAN ability or internet. I wish I could totally restrict network access but I'm not sure how to accomplish that yet.

Then when I give it a Hostname another event removes the "new-device" tag and the Policy Manager moves it to the correct policy.

It took some tinkering but it works very well.

Master Untangler

Hi,

would you pls care to share the setup, with some screenhsots? Would appreciate it and it would help a lot of other users.

Thx in advance