alb

Default untangle on linksys router and NBN Australia

Hi
    I have been running untangle at home on Linksys router for past 12 months. This was connected to the ISP supplied VDSL modem/router and met my needs pretty well.
    Have just relocated to new address and using a new ISP for NBN connection which is FTTP. The ISP supplied modem had very few configuration options so I have replaced with Netgear modem/router and can connect my Linksys untangle router to this. That setup is not ideal and I would like to remove the netgear modem/router.
    I think it should be possible to connect the Linksys untangle router directly to the NBN Co installed Internet gateway for FTTP. Has anyone done this and can provide configuration settings?
    The new ISP uses PPPOE which requires a login and password and has supplied a static IP to allow VPN. I am going around in circles with the setup wizard for untangle and would appreciate any tips on the basic configuration setup changes.
    Thanks

Untangler

I have an FTTP connection that uses PPPoE.

I have my Untangle box connected to my ONT (gateway in your case) via ethernet cable. If using a Linksys, the ethernet cable coming from the ONT must be plugged in to the WAN interface of the Linksys.

It is then simply a case of configuring the "External" network connection in the Untangle admin interface as PPPoE and then supplying the relevant Username and Password as provided by the ISP
    Last edited by jim1985; 06-10-2019 at 10:50 AM.

alb

Thanks Jim. That worked. This was fairly straightforward after you pointed me in the right direction. I am very happy with this setup now.
    jim1985 likes this.