Untangler

Default How to Pass Public IP from Untangle to another Firewall unrestricted ?

My client is a landlord that provides internet to their tenants. We have always just used vlans to separate the tenants as they did not need public IPs.

One of their tenants needs to put in their own firewall and needs a public IP address. They want an open line to the Internet with no filtering or restrictions. (we have additional public IP addresses that are not being used)

My first thought was to put a small switch in front of the untangle and just give them a direct line to the modem, provide them with one of the additional public IPs info and they would be all set. The more I think about this it seems like a horrible idea as I would have no insight into anything and they would have the potential to hog the bandwidth, etc..

I think I can do this with the Untangle and gain some insight in case they start to use lots of bandwidth, etc.

Is below the correct way to do this? Anything I am missing?

Add the additional public IP as an alias to the WAN I already have setup, bridge the wan to an open internal interface, patch them into the internal interface and provide them with the additional public IP info.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Bridge a port to External, plug them into that. They're on the same IP space as External, and free to use a static IP address and you're free to shove everything coming to/from that port into whatever filtration trap you want.

Bridge the NICs, remove the alias and configure it on a device.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Nice! thanks for the quick reply! Filteration Traps I am assuming you mean I can control whatever I with filter rules on that interface correct? or is filtration traps something else?

Policy Manager means you can make as many policy sets as you need, and then control what traffic goes where based on all sorts of criteria. Ip address, user name, time of day, it's almost infinitely capable.

So you're free to build whatever policies you need. Which traps whatever traffic you want, in whatever filtration you configure.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com