Master Untangler

Default Port Forwarding to new computer same IP

Just had an interesting problem.

I'm working on migrating a service to a new machine, and I have them running side by side. Old system has IP x.x.x.5, new system is x.x.x.8. Port forwarding is going to 5. To complete the migration, I'm changing 5 to 7, and 8 to 5.

Untangle will (incorrectly) forward packets to 7 now instead of 5. I checked ARP cache and it's correct, and it continued to do this for about 15 hours. Restarting Untangle-VM cleared the issue.

Any idea what would cause this?

is it udp?

I would find the specific session in reports and post a screenshot of it and all its properties.
    Then post your ruleset that was active at that time.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Yes, it's a PBX and we're talking SIP and RTP.

The "Port Forwarded Sessions" section of the logs show the ports as forwarding to 5, but in reality they were going to 7. The Rule goes to 5. There's noting remarkable in the screenshots to post, just a typical port forward to a specific IP. It's like ARP was messed up and traffic was going to the MAC of the wrong server even though the IP changed. Does UVM have it's own ARP table?

Master Untangler

Now even restarting the UVM doesn't help.... Calls keep going to the old server at IP 7 even though port forwarding is explicitly set for 5.