Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Usually you can't ditch the ISPs modems, nor was I suggesting you do so. I was suggesting you configure them in such a way they act as modems. The requirement to keep the ISP's supported device is quite normal.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Hi all,

@Sky-knight,

Usually here in France we get 3-in-1 devices that do everything poorly hences why every knowledgable people gets around replacing those devises with other routers and if you know your stuff you actually end up replacing those 3-in-1 with Cisco, Miraki, Pfsense, etc.

Untangle seems not to be as popular here, I litterally heard about it a little more than a year ago here in youtube thanks to Lawrence Systems and decided to give it a try despite Tom Lawrence being as pfSense heavy user and to some extend an ambassador.

Quick question concerning IPv6 and DHCPv6 support how does Untangle handle them, does it provide full support for it? my main ISP already provides IPv6 address as well as IPv4 but in the next few months they will only be providing IPv6 addresses, the same stands for my 2nd ISP on their Fiber to Home solutions that will be available in the summer in my area so I just might be jumping some hoops ahead of time but wanted to check as I'll be most probably moving Untangle to the front but the IPv6/DHCPv6 might be a showstopper.
    Last edited by aldiallo-Unt; 01-10-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Untangle doesn't really have v6 support right now, some stuff works, most stuff doesn't.

So yeah, if your ISP is going full on v6, Untangle isn't going to work out very well.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Thanks for your response, so Untangle will have to stay in bridge mode behind my Unifi for the moment.

Hope that v6 Support will arrive soon.

Even the bridge will have minimal value. If you've got v6 to the Internet, you might as well use v6 internally and forego v4 entirely. Let the v6 to v4 tunneling make the final connections. But, if you do this, Untangle's bridge can't help because the rack applications can't scan v6!

And why? Because here in the states v6 is practically nonexistent. I've been waiting on a v6 address from my ISP for almost TEN YEARS. Every year I call, every year I'm told next year.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12