Default Device outside of IP Range

I'm trying to access a device that is assigning itself an IP outside of my range.

My default IP range is 192.168.2.XXX, and this device is assigned as 192.168.1.17. I can see it in the ARP entries, but when I try to go to that IP address I get a "403 Forbidden" message.

How can I get this NAS to play nice with the network?

Configure it or your network correctly?

There isn't enough information here to go on. But, thanks to the way TCP/IP works, if you're using 192.168.2.0/24, and a device on that network tries to talk to 192.168.1.17, that's "foreign" which means the router gets it and sends it along to wherever it's configured to go. There is no way for the two devices to communicate directly.

So the real question is... how are you getting a 403 forbidden error? I must assume you've got a 192.168.1.0/24 address on Untangle on another interface, and the NAS is attached to it. In this case, your NAS is seeing stuff from another network and likely has settings in it to deny that access as it thinks it's from the "Internet". You have to configure the NAS to allow the remote network to access it. Some less expensive devices lack this ability entirely, in which case for your sanity you'd need to move it to the .2 network for easier access. If you want Untangle to filter access to it, bridge an interface to internal and put the NAS on the new dedicated port.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I was able to figure it out. A configuration file was only allowing login from the original IP range. By editing that through root, I was able to get in and make the changes needed.