Question Mesh WIFI headache with subnets

I have a mesh wifi system connected to my existing network that is severely limited in the firmware department.

I can only connect via PPPoe, DHCP or VLAN.

Obviously I had to use DHCP.

So I assign it a new interface in Untangle and give it 192.168.2.1/x while my existing network is on another interface 192.168.1.1/x

All devices connecting to the wifi mesh network get DHCP assignments from the wifi router itself; 192.168.3.x/x

My question is, is it possible for untangle to see the devices assigned in the 192.168.3.x subnet?

Thank you.
    Last edited by muok; 03-26-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Talking Welcome

...To Untangle, and the forum.

And the answer to the question is: yes and no.

NGFW can't see the MAC address, so reporting is not as granular.

NGFW will see the traffic going through itself, to the ISP. So those sessions will be processed.

I hope this helps.
    If you think I got Grumpy

Thanks for the reply. I guess there isn't a way around it.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Oh there is a way around it, it's called buy a proper wireless system. With Unifi gear sitting there so stupidly cheap a replacement wap costs less than an hour of your time arguing with the other system... I'm rather left dumbfounded people continue to try to use crappy wireless gear.

But yeah, beyond that... this is all working as designed.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Why do you propagate Ubiquity products so much on this forum. I'm not saying it's bad, far from it, it's probably a good quality product. My smart/managed switches are from TP-LINK, the same Access Points (EAP 225 and 245) and Powerline adapters. It's true that there are not so many firmware updates but TP-LINK products served me well for over 15 years, no problems at all, not to mention that are cheaper then Ubiquity. I know, I know, probably the majority of forum members are using Ubiquity products and can recommend it.
    Just my . No hard feelings

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Oh there is a way around it, it's called buy a proper wireless system. With Unifi gear sitting there so stupidly cheap a replacement wap costs less than an hour of your time arguing with the other system... I'm rather left dumbfounded people continue to try to use crappy wireless gear.

But yeah, beyond that... this is all working as designed.

I'm not from the states. Equipment sold here is limited in selection. So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    Why do you propagate Ubiquity products so much on this forum. I'm not saying it's bad, far from it, it's probably a good quality product. My smart/managed switches are from TP-LINK, the same Access Points (EAP 225 and 245) and Powerline adapters. It's true that there are not so many firmware updates but TP-LINK products served me well for over 15 years, no problems at all, not to mention that are cheaper then Ubiquity. I know, I know, probably the majority of forum members are using Ubiquity products and can recommend it.
    Just my . No hard feelings
    Because in the wide world there are three universal features for anything: fast, cheap, good... and you get to pick two.

Unifi manages to do all three at once, which is horribly rare not even Untangle can make that claim. But the integration between the two products, especially once you get both Cloud Controllers online is just pure magic for Home Users all the way up to MSPs and larger corporations. It's really hard to beat it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com