Thread: Netflix AGAIN

Untanglit

Default Netflix AGAIN

Gonna try and be as detailed here as possible. I have looked at multiple forum posts that pertain to using TunnelVPN and Netflix blocking the traffic. Here is what I've done so far and the issues Im running into. I think once a few things are tweaked I can get this to work properly.

1. I followed the directions on this write up.. https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-u...sed-on-Traffic
    2. Went to Application Control > Applications and did a search for netflix. I ended up with two applications: NETFLX and NETFLXVD I copied them both and created two Trigger Events
    A. Went to Config>Events>Triggers Tab and created a new TriggerNetflix_Tag.jpg
    One Issue is the Documentation states the target should be "activeHosts" Its not an option and I simply typed it in (THIS MAY BE A ISSUE) question is what is the alternative to "activeHosts" or is it ok for me to just type that in?Netflix_Tag_2.jpg
    B. I did this for both the NETFLX and the NETFLXVD applicaitons
    3. I then went to my Tunnel VPN and created two new rules "Client Tagged is (Netflix) and (Netflixvid) respectively. Tunnel_Rule.jpg
    This does not work as Netflix still gives this error.netflixerror.jpg
    Can someone help me please get this tag right and the rules set properly. I feel like I'm super close I just don't know what im not setting properly.

This has been gone over in another thread. It's not possible on NGFW since the session is already reached the destination before it is identified.

Untangle SDWAN can identify the session before it reaches the WAN as it has a special engine.
    https://www.untangle.com/solutions/sd-wan/
    Application based routing using Untangle’s patent-pending Predictive Routing Technology
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Seems a little weird.

Is this moving people more off of NGFW and into the SDWAN? I would think if I could get a rule that simply sees the netflix traffic it would simple route it through a normal connection and not with the other VPN traffic. I probably can gather some of the Netflix IP ranges and bypass.

I know none of this changes the fact that its not going to work (Easily). I'm just confused as to how its a big issue on a product like Untangle..

I don't see me paying 800.00 (for my bandwidth) a year for a netflix bypass.

Obviously SDWAN is a choice and not for everybody but is there any plans to allow this in NGFW's future?

Application prediction requires a replacement of the networking layer (i.e. using nftables) which at this point is not on the road map for NGFw.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com