Default Untangle forward proxy set up

Currently I have 5 external IP addresses from my ISP, which I use with this 1:1 NAT set up: untangle.com/index.php/1:1_NAT

Basically I have 5 computers in the local network and each of them are using different external IP (according to untangle NAT and port forward rules).

However now I want that each of these 5 computers could choose, which external IP they want to use (without changing NAT and port forward rules in Untangle) by using proxy in their web browser settings. I think that for this task forward proxy would work the best.

Is it possible to make this set up with untangle, or do I have to use specific proxy software (such as squid proxy or tinyproxy) ?

What I want is to create forward proxy set up with untangle with different external IP for each port.
    For example if my local IP is 192.168.1.11:

192.168.1.11:2401 - works as proxy with external IP1
    192.168.1.11:2402 - works as proxy with external IP2
    192.168.1.11:2403 - works as proxy with external IP3
    192.168.1.11:2404 - works as proxy with external IP4
    192.168.1.11:2405 - works as proxy with external IP5

These proxies would be used only by computers from my local network, so it can also be different local IP addresses with different external IP for each of them. I just want that users could use these local proxies in their browser settings to have different external IPs, which have IP Address Aliases in my untangle server.

Can it be done with Untangle?
    Last edited by falco; 05-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Not an Untangle feature.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangle + Proxy = Bad

No matter how you slice it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but having 5 devices "select" an IP address? Why? And why are the NAT rules insufficient?

What's the goal?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

So as I understood untangle can't act like proxy server, but is it possible to have proxy server connected to untangle?

For example, can I dedicate more that one external IP to the additional server, which have squid proxy server software, so it could work as regular proxy server, instead of untangle itself?

This guide untangle.com/index.php/1:1_NAT shows only how to dedicate one external IP to one local IP, but is it possible to somehow dedicate multiple external IPs to the device, which is connected to the untangle, so I could use it as proxy server within local network?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by falco; 05-14-2020 at 05:32 AM.

One port, one IP... you're stuck there.

If you used an internal proxy of your own, you'd have to have that proxy have an internal IP on it for each external address you want to map it to.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com