Default high latency on packet loss after installing untangle license

I don't know that the issue is related to the licensing or apps, but everything has worked fine during testing over the last 5 days with no issues and all of the sudden this morning I have really high latency over the openvpn connection and packet loss after installing an untangle licenses before going to bed last night.

The situation as per the diagram is traffic from 172.19.1.0 network is seeing high latency and excessive packet loss when trying to do anything over the 10.200.0.254 OpenVPN connection. I can backdoor into the middle networks using my OpenVPN connection to 172.16.01 which has it's own connection OpenVPN into those networks via 10.250.0.254 with no latency and minimal packet loss (the open vpn there does lose a packet now and then, but no latency).

Here is my troubleshooting so far:
    1. Disabled the apps that I added last night after installing the license on 10.200.0.254.
    2. This is a virtual appliance so I added another cpu and another 4GB of RAM. Based on the dashboard though cpu and memory were not an issue.
    3. Opened a command prompt with constant ping to the outside interface IP and a virtual machine on the inside interface.
    4. Also opened a constant ping to another host behind a different openvpn connection. (172.16.0.1)

From this setup I am observing that whenever I try to access anything behind the untangle (172.19.1.1 to 10.250.0.254) whether by open vpn or the internet (via port forwarded services) the openvpn ping latency spikes and packets start dropping. During this the ping to the outside interface remains unchanged. No latency spike and no packet loss. Any thoughts on what is happening here, or what kind of data I can collect that would be useful in troubleshooting this?

network.png

https://i.imgur.com/jklDYCn.png

I redeployed the appliance and restored the config from a backup and the problem persisted. Then I redeployed the appliance and rebuilt the configuration from scratch, installed my license and added/configured apps one at a time and the issue has not presented.