Untangler

Default Failed WAN after adding additional NIC

Guys

Need some advice if I may!

Long term UT box, running in HyperV 2019...been rock stable for years.

Added new NIC, as a legacy device as the VM already has 8 other network adapters (you can only have 8 network adapters and 4 legacy in a hyperv VM) - so UT has nine NICs to play with (some physical, some VLANS presented as NICs by HyperV).

Newly added legacy adapter works great, but one of the WAN NICS (eth0) that runs PPPoE now fails to connect.

Interface shows connected at the right link speed, so is definately connected to right physical NIC.

All interfaces were remapped and all work apart from this one WAN. All MACa addresses shown in UT agree with that in HyperV, so all correctly mapped.

Is it possible that a rule is preventing the PPPoE session starting? - and if so, how best to confirm?

Any ideas - before I restore pevious config (and go back to 8 NICs)?

Thanks in advance.

David
    Last edited by BestGear; 05-19-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Ditto, this is what i'm trying to figure out for the last 3 days. Untangle PPPoE documentation and user presentation is kinda....lacking?

Untangler

Guys

Looking at intrusion detection\all events, I see what is the two IP addresses of both active WANS....incuding that of the "broken" one.

So its in the report but shows no IP address in networks\config.... and no traffic will route out of it.

Weird....

David

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by barsa View Post
    Ditto, this is what i'm trying to figure out for the last 3 days. Untangle PPPoE documentation and user presentation is kinda....lacking?
    I have never really had any issues with PPPoE, until this....which was only brought about by adding an interface and fighting my way throuh remapping the interfaces.

Best to start a new thread with your specific issues as I am sure they will be easily fixed...unless you have 8+ NICS it seems!

David

Nothing wrong with PPPoE it's working fine, but it acts on it's own without any configuration or settings to check or play with. I did start a thread and been searching for all PPPoE here and in Reddit.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by barsa View Post
    Nothing wrong with PPPoE it's working fine, but it acts on it's own without any configuration or settings to check or play with. I did start a thread and been searching for all PPPoE here and in Reddit.

The only thing I am aware of is the log you can check from the cli... shame its not exposed in the GUI...

Quote Originally Posted by BestGear View Post
    Is it possible that a rule is preventing the PPPoE session starting? - and if so, how best to confirm?
    Any ideas - before I restore pevious config (and go back to 8 NICs)?
    I can't think of any reason any rule would have any effect, no.
    Although UT doesn't support the Virtual Machine aspect, you might open a ticket have have them look around.