Untanglit

Default How to unblock Network/sessions outgoing syslog traffic in untangle

I'm trying to get the outgoing syslog traffic from solarwinds server (local network) to the interface on our router to collect information. It appears in the networking session that the traffic is being blocked filter prefix = filter blocked.
    localareaNetwork-to-outgoing-vlan-interface.PNG

That can be tricky to troubleshoot, two places that indicator can be blocked; filter rules and access rules.
    Assuming it is traffic from NGFW, that will be in Advanced [Access Rules] that apply, and I guess you will need an appropriate pass rule to allow it.

That screenshot is fuzzy, but I don't know what IP address NGFW has, anyway.

Untanglit

Default should I bypass nat'd for this traffic.

Question since this traffic is generated on the lan side and is destin for interface on our router this should not be nat'd. I should make a rule to bypass nat'd, is this thinking correct and how do I go about it.

Untanglit

Ninja,
    Thank You for the quick reply, I have an access rule and a bypass rule. The NGFW IP is Public side 139.241.x.X. lan .201
    Untangle does our nat'ing should I ensure this is not nat'd, I assume that the bypass rule does that already. I don't have a filter rule, currently everything is passed. I made a filter rule the only one we have and it still appears to be blocking the traffic.
    Last edited by Jacksparrow796; 07-01-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksparrow796 View Post
    Ninja,
    Thank You for the quick reply, I have an access rule and a bypass rule. The NGFW IP is Public side 139.241.x.X. lan .201
    Untangle does our nat'ing should I ensure this is not nat'd, I assume that the bypass rule does that already. I don't have a filter rule, currently everything is passed. I made a filter rule the only one we have and it still appears to be blocking the traffic.
    none of that matters. nothing to do with NAT.

Access to the NGFW uvm has a 'block all' at the bottom if the rules.
    you need to explicitly allow that traffic.

similar to this one for snmp.

allow.png