Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Untangler

I have done the same with web filter rule but i am still curious at what is causing it. It isnt a specifc url, tivo dvrs have to call home regularly and when they do that they use several ports and urls. I will do some of the above steps now going to shut off everything but web filter and turn off the web filter bypass and check. Will report back momentarilly.

ok:

shut off all apps but web filter, unchecked pass client and it broke. disabled web filter and it worked. Enabled and it broke again. Its definitely something with web filter just dont know what.
    Last edited by ifican; 07-20-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gwar9999 View Post
    Thanks Jim. I'll take a look at those threads. It's always odd when something works for years and just stops for no apparent reason.
    Hi. Is your Untangle running 15.1? I have a similar issue with a Virgin Media Tivo v6. Mine stopped updating on July 7th which seemed to coincide with my Untangle doing the auto update from 15.0 to 15.1
    By a process of elimination i tracked it to the Web Filter application - turn off Web Filter and it works, turn it on and it fails.
    I added the IP address of the Tivo to the Pass Clients list in the Web Filter and it is now working.
    As in your case I can't see any rule that is blocking the traffic.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Master Untangler

I am on 15.1 and too suspect its update broke it. Mine was updated aprx 37 days ago but that was right at the same time tivo stopped working for me.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

I am experiencing the same issue. Having just switched from a Watchguard to an Untangle box, I figured it might be something I didn't configure for, but even after firewall rules matching IP ranges and ports matched by TiVo, same problem.

I'm glad to have found this thread. Making the web filter exception also solved my issue. I started on 15.1, having reloaded from scratch a u25 box I was given, so I never would have known this without all of you.

I have created a ticket illustrating the issue, also providing TiVo's IP and port requirements to support, and enabling access for them to look at my config, so we'll see what I find as well.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; 07-27-2020 at 09:01 AM. Reason: add-on information
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Master Untangler

Interesting things though, during my troubleshooting chasing this i was running tcpdump and there were active connections, just evenually a resets and dead connection. I still dont know which connection is keeping it from working, having had the time to dig into it further but eventually will.

Untangler

I am having this problem too. It worked for years and years. Now, I get the wife whining the TiVo can't get program data every week and a half. I have to kill Web Filter to update it now. Nothing seems to work as far as IP address allow on what TiVo is using.

Edit: I just by-passed the TiVo completely.
    Last edited by Mainia; 08-01-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Master Untangler

Ive done a ton of poking and digging. Mappig all traffic i see on tcpdump when its working and then monitoring it when web filter is on. Nothing is amiss in logging, but web filter is most certainly keeping it from working correctly. Just no idea where to go from here.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by ifican View Post
    Ive done a ton of poking and digging. Mappig all traffic i see on tcpdump when its working and then monitoring it when web filter is on. Nothing is amiss in logging, but web filter is most certainly keeping it from working correctly. Just no idea where to go from here.
    Create a support ticket?
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Master Untangler

I dont think they support the home license, you have to turn to forum. At least thats been my experience anytime i needed help.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by ifican View Post
    I dont think they support the home license, you have to turn to forum. At least thats been my experience anytime i needed help.
    Do you mean "HomePro" licenses? Or do you have an older type of license? In my experience they certainly do take support tickets from "HomePro" licensees.
    Last edited by tangofan; 08-09-2020 at 08:50 PM.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12